Our commitment to you as a Center of Musical Arts student is to provide you with the best possible instruction in a safe, nurturing environment. In order to do this and to best serve all of our students, we ask that you agree to the policies below. Thank you for working with us to provide you the best possible musical experiences!
Cancelling Individual Lessons
Contact your teacher directly. We request a 24-hour cancellation notice. We realize that sometimes this isn’t possible due to illness or other emergency, but if you can, please give us as much advance notice as possible. Contact information for your teacher is provided in your Welcome Packet of information. If you cannot locate this info, please contact the office directly at 303-665-0599 x100 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attendance, Missing Lessons, and Make-up Lessons
It’s important to have continuity when studying an instrument or voice – it’s fundamental to student progress. In the event of frequent absences, continued tardiness, or demonstrated disinterest, we may discontinue your lessons. All classes, lessons, or rehearsals that are cancelled by the instructor (due to inclement weather, for example) will be rescheduled, credited, or refunded. One such excused lesson with advanced notice is allowed each term for individual lessons (not applicable to group lessons or classes). Excused absences will be made up by arrangement with your instructor. Please don’t ask or expect your teacher to make up more than one lesson per term.
We do everything within our power to make our building a safe and welcoming place, but you are responsible for your child’s well being and behavior. If your child is mature enough to sit in the waiting room before or after their lesson, they are welcome to do so. We do not provide supervision of children outside the actual lesson time.
Withdrawals and Refunds
- If you withdraw up to one week before starting lessons, you will receive a full refund (less registration fee).
- Each student may use the first three lessons with a new teacher to make sure it is a good fit. Please contact the registrar at 303-665-0599 x100 or email@example.com if you would like to make any changes within your first three lessons.
- At any time, a teacher may indicate that a particular student is not a good match for them (based on ability level, behavioral issues, consistent tardiness, disinterest, etc.). We will work on resolution with you, either placing the student with another teacher or providing a refund.
- If your schedule changes because of other commitments (most commonly sports during spring semester), we suggest enrolling in an “a la carte” lesson plan, meaning that you may be able to customize the number/frequency of lessons in order to accommodate music AND sports.
- In rare circumstances, you may have to withdraw in the middle of the term due to moving out of the area, medical issues, financial hardship, or similar issues. We are willing to work with you in these cases. Please provide a doctor’s note for medical reasons and talk with us about tuition assistance for financial challenges.
- Group classes may be cancelled and fully refunded if there is not enough enrollment.
- Students may withdraw from individual lessons with 30-day advance written notice by completing our Lesson Withdrawal form. The form must be submitted to the office so that we can make the appropriate schedule changes.
- Under no circumstances will withdrawals be accepted verbally or through a student’s teacher. Non-attendance, verbal communication of intent to withdraw to faculty or staff, or notification by phone or email DO NOT constitute an official notification of termination.
- The student/family is financially responsible for all lessons until the termination date, whether the student chooses to attend or be absent. Students who pay up front for the entire term and withdraw before the end of the term using the withdrawal form will receive a refund for the remaining lessons after the 30-day notice period.
- Registration fees are not refundable.
- If you withdraw up to two weeks before starting a class or ensemble, you will receive a full refund (less registration fee). Tuition is not refundable with less than two weeks’ notice, as your space has been saved and may not be filled by someone else. In rare circumstances, students may be allowed to withdraw and have fees refunded due to documented serious illness or financial hardship.
- Account credits are good for one year.
Need-Based Tuition Assistance
The Heartstrings program exists to provide access to music instruction and instruments for children and families in need. Learn more here.
Weather or Emergency Closures
If Boulder Valley School District is closed due to weather or any other emergency, the Center for Musical Arts will also likely be closed. We will post closure announcements on our website and our Facebook page.
We sometimes use photos of students, performers, or audience members in promotional materials or with funders. If you do not want your photo used for any of these purposes, please complete the opt-out form in your welcome packet.
Re-Enrollment Deadlines for Individual Lessons
See our Academic Calendar.