Updated April 19, 2019
Our commitment to you as a CMA student is to provide you with the best possible instruction in a safe, nurturing environment. In order to do this and to best serve all of our students, we ask that you agree to the policies below. We request that you read these policies and sign the attached agreement, which we’ll keep on file in the office. Thank you for working with us to provide you the best possible musical experiences!
- A completed enrollment form and (at least) partial tuition payment is needed before you begin taking lessons or classes. An annual registration fee of $25/individual or $40/family is added to your bill. The fee is nonrefundable, unless we cancel a class for insufficient enrollment.
- We appreciate payment in full upon registration, but payment plans are available if needed. If tuition is not paid by the last day of the term, we will assess a $10 late fee. We can’t continue instruction if accounts are delinquent – please talk to us if you encounter financial challenges. We’d like to work it out with you!
Cancelling Individual Lessons:
Contact your teacher directly. We request a 24-hour cancellation notice. We realize that sometimes this isn’t possible due to illness or other emergency, but if you can, please give us as much advance notice as possible. Contact information for your teacher is provided in your Welcome Packet of information. If you cannot locate this info, please contact the office directly at 303-665-0599 x 100.
Attendance, Missing Lessons, and Make-up Lessons:
It’s important to have continuity when studying an instrument or voice – it’s fundamental to student progress. If there are frequent absences, continued tardiness, or demonstrated disinterest, we may discontinue your lessons. All classes/lessons/rehearsals that are cancelled by the instructor (due to inclement weather, for example) will be rescheduled, credited, or refunded. For individual lessons: one make-up lesson per term (two per academic year) is allowed for excused, advance-notice student absences. Excused absences will be made up by arrangement with your instructor. Please don’t ask or expect your teacher to make up more than one lesson per term.
- You may start lessons at any time. Tuition is pro-rated for the number of lessons you receive.
- If you withdraw before starting lessons, you may receive a full refund (less registration fee). Please contact the Registrar if you would like to make any changes within your first three lessons.
- If you find that your schedule may change because of other commitments (most commonly sports during spring semester), we suggest enrolling in an “a la carte” lesson plan, meaning that you may be able to customize the number/frequency of lessons in order to accommodate music AND sports.
- In rare circumstances, you may have to withdraw after the fourth lesson; moving out of the area, medical issues, financial hardship (please provide a doctor’s note for medical reasons and talk with us about tuition assistance for financial challenges). Refunds are given in these kinds of circumstances.
- Group classes may be cancelled if there is not enough enrollment. You will receive a refund in this case.
- At any time, a teacher may indicate that a particular student is not a good match for them (based on ability level, behavioral issues, consistent tardiness, disinterest, etc.) We will work on resolution with you, either placing the student with another teacher or providing a refund.
Need-Based Tuition Assistance:
The Heartstrings Program exists to provide access to music instruction and instruments for children and families in need. Call for more information and guidelines.
If the BVSD is closed due to weather or any other emergency, the CMA will also likely be closed. Call 303-665-0599 for updates. If possible and timely, we will also post the closure on our website.
We sometimes use photos of students, performers, or audience members in promotional materials (brochures, flyers, website) or with funders. We assume your permission to do so, and ask that you let us know (via the form included in your welcome packet) if you do NOT want your photo used for any of these purposes.
Withdrawal – Student/Family Initiated
For student initiated cancellations for classes and ensembles (not lesson) any paid tuition, not including the Registration Fee, is refundable up to two weeks before the start of any class or lesson. Tuition is not refundable with less than two week’s notice, as your space has been saved and may not be filled by someone else. In rare circumstances, students may be allowed to withdraw and have fees refunded due to documented serious illness or financial hardship.
Students may withdraw from private lessons with 30 day advance written notice using a withdrawal form available from the Student Services Office or by emailing us and requesting a form. The form must be submitted to the office so that we can make the appropriate schedule changes. Under no circumstances will withdrawals be accepted verbally or through a student’s teacher. Non-attendance, verbal communication of intent to withdraw to faculty or staff, or notification by phone or email DO NOT constitute an official notification of termination (a scan of the form may be emailed as an attachment but please be sure to get an email confirmation that it was received). The student/family is financially responsible for all lessons until the termination date, whether the student chooses to attend or be absent. Students who pay up front for the entire term and withdraw before the end of the term using the withdrawal form will receive a refund for the remaining lessons after the 30-day notice period. Registration Fees are not refundable.
Students who are involved in sports or other extracurricular activities are advised to consider those schedules when enrolling.
Enrollment Deadlines for Classes and Ensembles
CMA will assess the level of interest in all classes and ensembles two weeks before each program begins. If we have not reached the minimum number of registrations but there is strong interest we will reassess and make a final decision one week prior to the scheduled start date. In the case of cancellation all registered students will be notified as soon as possible.
Re-enrollment Deadlines for Private Lessons
Current students are offered the opportunity to reserve their day, time, and/or teacher for upcoming semesters before new students may enroll. Reserve your spot with a non-refundable deposit of $50 that will be credited toward your lessons.
By reserving your spot before the deadline each semester, you get to be at the head of the line for your preferred teacher and time. In addition, all returning students who reserve their spot before the deadline get a $10 credit added to their account! (Not available in Summer Term)
|Term||Deadline for Returning Students|
|Spring 2019||November 30, 2018|
|Summer 2019||May 3, 2019|
|Fall 2019||July 12, 2019|
Here are some of the discounts we offer. For a complete list, please go to our Discounts and Deals page.
- Lessons scheduled before 2:30pm Monday through Friday receive a 10% discount.
- Tell a Friend! Receive $20 off your next bill when you refer someone who signs up for lessons or a class.
Please note: all policies are subject to change.