How can I make a qualifying gift to the Center for Musical Arts?
Gifts specified for Youth Programs are eligible for 100% of this credit.
- Donate ($250+) to “Crescendo”, annual fall fundraising event
- Donate ($250+) online, and add “Youth Programs” to the comment box
- Send a check to with “Youth Programs” in the memo field ($250+)
How can I make a qualifying gift to general operations of Colorado Music Festival & Center for Musical Arts?
Gifts specified for General Operations are eligible for up to 50% of this credit.
- Donations of $1,000+ to General Operations
- 50% of the total gift will receive the credit
- This percentage is subject to change depending on the number of youth served in our programs each year and amount of expenses direclty associated with youth programming.
How do I file for this credit?
You will receive form DR 1317 Child Care Contribution Credit Certification along with a donation acknowledgement letter from the CMF&CMA. This form should be submitted along with your regular tax filing.
What type of gifts are eligible?
- Gifts deemed qualifying for the organization (listed above)
- Cash, check, credit card
- Individuals who donate funds out of their QCD’s (Qualified Charitable Distributions) will receive credit without federal consequences.
What type of gifts are ineligible?
- In-kind contributions of property (non-monetary donations) do not qualify for the credit.
- Gifts of stock or other securities
- Donor Advised Funds
- Donors may not receive any goods or services in return for their contribution
- Donors may not receive CMF sponsorship recognition for the qualifiable portion of their contribution. CMA sponsorship recognition will be limited to Youth Programs only
- The credit shall not exceed $100,000 per year
- The credit allowed shall not exceed the tax liability for the year. Any excess credits may be carried forward for up to five years