2022 Suzuki Play-In
July 3 @ 10:00 amFree
The 2022 Suzuki Play-In, organized by Emily Bowman with area Suzuki string players and teachers, is a fantastic opportunity to create music and celebrate community. This event welcomes all Suzuki cellists, violists, and violinists of all ages. The event will take place just prior to the Colorado Music Festival Family Concert: Tubby the Tuba.
Sunday, July 3, 2022
Location: the lawn outside of Chautauqua Auditorium, in the shade near the ticket kiosk, weather permitting
- 9:40 am: check-in and tune (please allow for extra time for parking or to take the Hop 2 Chautauqua shuttle)
- 10:00-10:40 am: make music!
- 11:00 am: Colorado Music Festival Family Concert: Tubby the Tuba, featuring Really Inventive Stuff. Admission to the concert is FREE for Play-in participants; learn more about the concert > (Concert attendance is not required for Play-In participation.)
Bring your instrument and any needed supplies, including end-pin holders and chairs for cellists, music stands if needed for harmony, clips for holding music if using music, a water bottle, and your smile.
The Festival will provide a t-shirt for the event for the first 100 musicians to sign up (register soon to receive a t-shirt!). Wear comfortable shoes and shorts, pants, or skirts — comfortable clothes for playing outside in the summertime. Those with long hair should tie hair back to avoid complications with wind and instruments — and so those watching can see your expressive face!
A full list of repertoire will be created from your favorite review pieces, including:
- Bach Double with cello playing continuo and violists playing orchestral part;
- Hunter’s Chorus that cellists, violists and, violinists all play in the same key;
- Allegretto in D (violists and cellists, up one string!);
- and Perpetual Motion, Allegro, and folksongs that will be performed in the keys of D major and A major.
The complete list of repertoire will be sent out to participants ahead of the event so musicians can prepare and review.
Please sign up each musician individually. SIGN UP HERE >
Happy music making!