The Center for Musical Arts is working on a fall re-opening plan as we prepare to open the building for students who would like to participate in lessons, classes, and small ensembles in person. We will update this notice when the plan is finalized. If you have any questions, email Kathy Kucsan, Education Director, at email@example.com.
Please note that we are adhering to guidelines supplied by the CDC, the State of Colorado, Boulder County Health Department, the City of Lafayette, and the Boulder Valley and St. Vrain Valley School Districts. We have also been gathering recent research on musical activities during COVID-19, especially research specifically concerning wind players and singers.
New building protocols (starting August 24) will include:
- A waiver to sign along with your registration materials
- A check-in/check-out system for all minor students
- Only students will be allowed in the building for lessons. We will ask parents/caregivers to drop students off and pick them up (except in the case of very young students)
- The waiting area is to be used only in extenuating circumstances
- Students will text teachers on arrival, and teachers will meet them at the door.
- Any individual over the age of 2 must wear face covering inside the building (Lafayette City ordinance)
- Upon entering the building, students must use hand sanitizer
- Temperature will be taken on entry (any student with an elevated temp will be asked to return home. Any student who arrives feeling ill, or starts to feel sick in a lesson will be asked to return home)
- There will be a 15-minute gap between lessons so that teachers/staff can clean/disinfect surfaces, keyboards, door handles, etc.
- Each studio will have increased ventilation and newly purchased HEPA air filters
- Students should bring their own water bottles; there will be no access to water fountains
- Use of restrooms in the building will be discouraged (but obviously available)
- There will be distance-markers in studios and performances spaces to ensure proper distancing, especially for wind players and singers
- Some studios will have Plexiglas barriers between students and teachers
Our detailed plans are continuing to develop and may change, so keep an eye here for additional updates. You can email Kathy Kucsan, Education Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or concerns.